Posted on 02-09-2017
Dark Chocolate for Your Heart
Evidence shows that there are many good reasons to eat chocolate. You merely need to eat the right kind, and eat it in moderation. Most commercial chocolate is highly processed, so the beneficial ingredients of the cocoa are lost. The darker the chocolate, the less sugar it contains, the less processed it is, and the higher the cocoa content. So the dark kind is the right kind.
- Dark chocolate is loaded with a wide variety of antioxidants which include polyphenols, flavonols, and catechins.
- The flavanols in dark chocolate can stimulate the lining of arteries and improve blood flow, thereby causing a decrease in blood pressure.
- Cocoa powder has been shown to decreased LDL cholesterol in men.
- Dark chocolate can increase HDL and improve insulin sensitivity.
- Observational studies found that cocoa redkuced the risk of cardiovascular death by 50% over a 15 year period. Also, eating chocolate 2 or more times per week lowered the risk of having calcified plaque in the arteries by 32%.
- The flavanols from cocoa can improve blood flow to the skin , inincrease skin density and hydration, and protect it against sun-induced damage.
- AND dark chocolate may also improve the function of the brain.
OK…so now you HAVE to eat it!
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.